Applications are now open, use the link below to apply:
Are you the kind of person who likes engaging with customers and offering a world-class service?
In this dynamic role, you'll be at the heart of our operation, responsible for collating, distributing, and analyzing sales and performance reports. You'll dive deep into data, uncovering trends and trading patterns, while also keeping an eagle eye out for anomalies that could be game-changers. You'll be the communicator and escalator, ensuring that the right people are in the know. You'll be part of a team that's focused on achieving our department and company sales and profit targets.
|Programme Duration||18 months + 6 months EPA|
|Qualification & Level||Apprentices will gain the L4 Apprenticeship standard in Buying and Merchandising|
|Working Hours||Apprentices will work a 40-hour working week Monday to Friday|
|Office Type||The positions will be based in a Corporate Office.|
Apprentices will attend and complete modules in order to completing all Knowledge Skills behaviours culminating in an independent End Point Assessment.
The training is delivered in mix of remote and face to face sessions
Each week Apprentices will be allocated time away from their day to day roles to work on their Apprenticeship studies. You will spend approximately 80% of your working week learning from skilled members of the team whilst supporting learning on the job.
|Required Skills & Qualifications|
5 GCSEs at grade 4-9 (A-C) or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English
You must NOT already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship
What are the core components of this apprenticeship?
During your apprenticeship, you will acquire valuable skills and knowledge, including:
Merchandising Strategies: Mastering the art of planning and optimizing product assortment for retail success.
Sourcing and Negotiation: Learning to identify suppliers, negotiate contracts, and secure the best deals.
Inventory Management: Understanding how to manage stock levels, track trends, and minimize losses.
Retail Trends: Staying up-to-date with the ever-changing retail landscape and consumer preferences.
Data Analysis: Proficiency in using data to make informed buying and merchandising decisions.
Visual Merchandising: Enhancing your ability to create eye-catching content that drive sales.
What will I learn as I progress through my course?
- Support new product selection and development.
- Ensure accurate addition of new products in line with supplier agreements.
- Test and facilitate the delivery of product samples.
- Collate, distribute, and analyse sales and performance reports.
- Identify trends and trading patterns, highlighting anomalies.
- Communicate findings and escalate issues as needed.
- Place supplier orders and maintain product availability.
- Monitor products to ensure on-time delivery and availability to agreed locations.
- Collaborate to contribute to department/company sales and profit targets.
- Report to a more senior member of the buying or merchandising team..
- Interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including buying and merchandising teams, designers, manufacturers, suppliers, distribution centres, stores, marketing, finance, and IT departments.
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 4 Diploma in Buying and Merchandising.
What are my career prospects after graduating?
Your journey as a Buying and Merchandising Apprentice opens the door to a world of exciting career prospects. You'll have the skills and knowledge to explore or progress towards high-level roles in the retail sector
Senior Buyer; Merchandising Manager; Category Manager; Supply Chain Analyst; Inventory Planner; Retail Analyst; Visual Merchandising Specialist; Retail Operations Manager.
Successful apprentices may also choose to progress on to a higher level qualification or vocationally related programmes.
Application Process and Timeline
(Applications open 11th December 2023)
(The start date for this programme is July 2024)